International BeyBladers
Login? Smile
International BeyBladers
Login? Smile
International BeyBladers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Bladers all across the world to come together, and blade together. Soon to be a real business, join us as we work our way to the top. Our goal is for BeyBladers around the world to battle along with eachother!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
BeyBlade Info.
BeyBlade Tournament 10/22/2011 at your local Toys R Us! (Only available in the USA) Times may change, so check up on the Toys R Us website! Note: For some, it may just be a "freeplay". For some, there is no prizes. Good Luck Bladers!
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Mysterious Blader's Appearance!
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:27 am by crimson

» I'm Talking Beyblade
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:20 am by crimson

» A new Blader appears
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 am by crimson

» Winter's apperance
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 pm by Winter

» Where do we play beyblade at?
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:37 am by MelvinMatthews

» Hello, my name is Winter
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 am by Winter

» Make up your own Beyblade parts!
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:51 am by Bearing Drive

» Beyblade Parts
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm by The Anonymous Blader

» The Ultra Blader's Club
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 pm by The Anonymous Blader

Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
AlexHobbyist9207
SNK Neo-Geo  Vote_lcapSNK Neo-Geo  Voting_barSNK Neo-Geo  Vote_rcap 
MidNight_Blader
AkinTa
bramiano
Joseph317
KiLL_SwiTcH
BeybladerBlue
Naruto
adart113
XXaron
A new Blader appears
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 am by crimson
Hi All,Name's Crimson.I'm a Blader.
I like RPing and All that,But I don't battle that often in real life though.
please invite me to RPs if you can,Because I love roleplaying and Bey blade

Comments: 0
Where do we play beyblade at?
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:37 am by MelvinMatthews
Hey everyone im Melvin...and im new to the forum...so where do we play beyblade at?

Hello, my name is Winter
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:48 am by Winter
hello, my name is Winter, i hope to become a Legendary BayBlader and have some true friends. Now, i am  just a beginner, but hey, isn't it okay? Oh, and i almost forgot my Bay is Pisces, a constellation of Zodiac; it has all the organelle Pisces

remember me
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:32 pm by bramto
hey i am bramiano i needed to make new account so hehe i am back lol

SETH BEYBLADE- Introduction
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:25 am by SETH BEYBLADE
Hi everybody! I am blader and I'm SETH BEYBLADE, My favorite beyblade is Dark Bull H145SD, and L- Drago, but I prefer to use Dark Bull, Ilike it so much! I can show you my beyblade videos on my youtube channel. Remember to visit my videos at Beyblade Videos! Nice to meet you! Thanks!
SETH BEYBLADE

Comments: 1
walking into International beyblader Im adart113!!
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:03 am by adart113
Cool cherry hello my name is adart113 and Im a stamina type beyblade user and my partner is Burn Fireblaze I am also sister to another blader texan113 who uses dark gasher. lol!

Comments: 2
Hello!! i'm here!!!
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:37 am by lucbela
i'm italian bladers and i think that in this forum i'll take good info for my sport!!^^

slo'f intro
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:55 pm by slof
hey there, as you can already tell im pretty new here. you can simply call me slof.

Comments: 2
oops forget something
SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:42 pm by bramiano
i now it is a bit late but hello i am bramiano or bram that is my real name
nice too meet you cheers

Comments: 7
Most active topics
Make up your own Beyblade parts!
Beypoints and You
SNK Neo-Geo
beypionts
Beyblade Online Game
Beyblade Maniacs
Plot Elements: Beyblade Ancient History
i made just something cool
bramiano's beyblades
Beyblade VS Battle Strikers
Affiliates
free forum

SNK Neo-Geo

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:15 pm

The Neo-Geo was a powerhouse in the 16-bit era, but could not truly compete with the Sega Genesis, SNES, and TurboGrafx-16, due to its price of $650 per unit, and the games sold for $200 or more a pop, thus putting the Neo-Geo and its games exclusively in a niche market. The Neo-Geo has two versions, the arcade version, which is the Multi Video System (MVS), and the home version, the Advanced Entertainment System (AES). The MVS proved to be really popular in the arcades, because of its awesome-for-their-time graphics and CD-quality sound, and owners can install up to six game cartridges in a single machine, depending on the motherboard used. Some boards (MV-1 series) play only one game, one plays two games, one plays four games, and one plays six games. Before you insert a quarter to play a game, you can switch to another game at the push of a button, something like a jukebox, except it's for video games! Both the arcade and home versions are based on the very same specifications, thus translations of arcade games to the home version are perfect! The Neo-Geo is also the very first video game system to use the memory card, which can be used between the home and arcade versions, and you can save your progress on it, up to 27 save files, but not your scores, sadly. Those who cannot afford the home console often had to rent it and/or a game or two (or=If there are those who already had a Neo-Geo home console).

The Neo-Geo has also produced some of the most memorable arcade game franchises like Samurai Shodown (which won EGM's Game of the Year 1993), King of Fighters, Metal Slug, Fatal Fury, and such.
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Sounds realy cool never knew thanks.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I remember being in a "Neo-Geo phase" back in Junior High School! I was so obsessed with it.

Wanna hear more?

Well then, there is also Neo-Geo CD, which is meant to be a less expensive alternate to the cartridge system, but it has atrocious loading times due to a slow single-speed CD drive. There were two versions of the Neo-Geo CD, one with a motorized CD tray, and one with a CD lid. There is also a Neo-Geo CDZ with a faster single-speed CD drive for improved loading times, but the cruel fact was, is that consoles like the PlayStation and Sega Saturn were on the scene and 3D games were dominating the market. Oh, and also, Neo-Geo CD doesn't use memory cards. There was a prototype 32-bit version of the Neo-Geo CD that is more advanced than the final product, the Neo-Star, which boasts infared controllers with palm grips and headphone sockets, compatibility with the Neo-Geo cartridges, a new CD1/CD-ROM drive to play special Neo-Geo games (the CD1 features allows for movie-quality sound/graphics to be played with video game interaction via the cartridges. On top of that, the CD-ROM dual features allows for bigger games to have extra graphics or information to be stored on special CDs), 640x480 resolution, RISC CPU's that are claimed to clock around 14.5MHz to make it five times faster than the original Neo-Geo, special surround sound sockets that allow the machine to be plugged into stereo Hi-Fis to offer mind-blowing sound, Super-SCART, and an expansion port that can be used with a special cable-TV/Modem connector to allow for multi-player gaming, also with home-banking features and buying stuff off of your TV, along with a 3D goggles system and a keyboard facility (would've been used in-conjunction with the home-banking feature). I almost forgot, the Neo-Star would've come with 3D graphics

There is also Hyper Neo-Geo 64, a 64-bit Neo-Geo with 3D polygon graphics, something I believe SNK should have given the Neo-CD. Unfortunately, it didn't do very well because most of the long-time fans preferred the 2D games rather than 3D, and there were also plans for a home console version of the Neo-64, but never made it past the drawing board. There are four versions of the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 motherboard. There's a "Fighting" board for playing the fighting games and there were two revisions of it; one of them has a standard Neo-Geo harness rather than a custom one like the other. Also there's a "Racing" board for playing racing games, a "Shooter" board for playing this zombie-shooter game Beast Busters: 2nd Nightmare, and a "Korean" board for playing these two Samurai Shodown games released for Hyper Neo-Geo 64. Also, they didn't make too many games for this system because it proved to be a failure in the arcades.

Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:40 pm

how much were they.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 pm

The top-loading Neo-Geo CD, which is sold worldwide, sold for $300 new and the games costed $50, more or less. The front-loading version was released in Japan only (plus, around 25,000 units were produced), the same with the CDZ. Plus, they never said how much the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 costed when they were selling the kits to any arcade owner who ordered them.
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Thats a lot.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 pm

On what part?

There's still one more Neo-Geo system that I'll talk about before I put up any pictures!

The Neo-Geo Pocket and Neo-Geo Pocket Color. SNK's answer to Nintendo's Game Boy Color, boasting a 16-bit processor, better graphics, linkability to the Sega Dreamcast, and similar to the original Game Boy, it has a Link Cable for multiplayer battles. When they released the Neo-Geo Pocket Color, they released it worldwide. I remember seeing the TV commercial when I was a kid and I've always wanted one but it was too expensive for my parents at the time, I mean, we're a middle-class family for Pete's sake!

There's also something else about the AES you also need to know about. It started out as a rental unit used in hotel chains, bars, and restaurants, and they're only capable of playing one MVS cartridge. This early iteration of the AES is known as the Neo-Geo Deck. Plus, it resembles something like a microwave.

Now for the pictures, starting with the systems. Keep in mind that there are many types of cabinets used for the MVS hardware.
SNK Neo-Geo  90_Neo_Geo_AES_General2 This is the AES main unit, along with two joystick controllers and a few games
SNK Neo-Geo  Neogeomemorycard This is the packaging for the Neo-Geo memory card model no. NEO-IC8, which is powered by a lithium button battery, and based on the 68-pin JEIDA ver. 3 computer memory card
SNK Neo-Geo  MVS-2-25 This is an American MVS cabinet that can play two games, and I know a Godfather's Pizza in the town where I live having one or two of these machines.
SNK Neo-Geo  Mv-1 This is the MV-1, the first version of the single-slot motherboard
SNK Neo-Geo  Neo_cd_unit This is the limited production front-loading model of the Neo-Geo CD, pictured with a control pad and the hook-ups.
SNK Neo-Geo  Snk_neo_geo_cd And this is the more-common top-loading version that was sold worldwide
SNK Neo-Geo  SNK%20Neo-Geo%20CDZ This here is the main unit of the CDZ with that faster 1x speed CD drive
SNK Neo-Geo  Noegeo64 This here is the Fighting model of the Hyper Neo-Geo 64 motherboard with the Buriki One game cartridge
SNK Neo-Geo  HyperNeogeo64 And this is one of the cabinets of the Neo-64. Plus, it's compatible with other arcade motherboards, especially MVS
SNK Neo-Geo  Jan04_handhelds_01 This is the Neo-Geo Pocket Color, and it comes in different color schemes.

You know, there has been a mention on neogaf forums of a Millenium 128, a 128-bit Neo-Geo with a Matrox graphics chip that never made it past the drawing board, and in recent years, the president of SNK Playmore hinted of the possibility of a 256-bit Neo-Geo that's in the same generation as the Xbox 360 and PS3, but nothing more is ever uncovered.

Last edited by AlexHobbyist9207 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Cool i had the loading ver. well my older cousin did but i used it alot.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:07 pm

You had a Neo-Geo CD? Which one?
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am

The more-common top-loading version. It wasnt mine though it was my older cousins but i used it alot.
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am

( Me and my cousin lived in the same house )
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:56 am

Oh, wow! Your older cousins had a Neo-Geo CD, and it's the top-loading version! So, did you get irritated with the loading times?

What games did you play on it?
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:13 pm

it was irritating and i cant remeber any games i was about 3-4 years old.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Here's a link to a concept sketch of the Neo-Star on Photobucket
https://media.photobucket.com/image/Neo-Star/scorponok/neo-star.jpg

Also, here's a few pictures of the original iteration of the AES, the Neo-Geo Deck!
SNK Neo-Geo  Ngdeck The unit, pictured with a few Japanese MVS cartridges, two Pro Joystick controllers, the keys to the coinbox, and the operating manual.
SNK Neo-Geo  1302971947 Another pic of the 'Deck, with the same kind of Pro Joysticks as the first one above
SNK Neo-Geo  1302970898 The Neo-Geo Deck open, with an MVS cartridge in the slot
SNK Neo-Geo  Neodeck A small ad of the Neo-Geo Deck showing its structural stability.
SNK Neo-Geo  Ngdm-1 The operating manual
SNK Neo-Geo  Ngdm-2 An excerpt from the operating manual with the Pro Joystick.
SNK Neo-Geo  Ng_hotel The front and rear views of the Neo-Geo Deck.

So, what version of the Neo-Geo do you like the best? I almost forgot, there's also a mahjong controller released for the AES, and is quite rare. Below here is the controller itself
SNK Neo-Geo  Neo_mahjong_controller2
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Yeah thats the one.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:12 pm

You like the Neo-Geo Deck, huh? I like it too.
Would you want one of these?

Also, here's a few commercials!

This is the commercial I've seen when I was a little kid living in Kent, Washington.
The original Fatal Fury (Garou Densetsu in Japan) for AES and MVS.
A commercial (and a rather quirky one at that) of the front-loading Neo-Geo CD
The equally-quirky commercial for the top-loading version
The ad for the original Samurai Spirits (Samurai Shodown in the US) for Neo-Geo

You know that pic of the Neo-Geo memory card? That was the packaging!
SNK Neo-Geo  Neo-geo_memorycard This is one version of the memory card seen in the American ads for the MVS
SNK Neo-Geo  T_ngmemorycardfront And this is the other version of the memory card

SNK Neo-Geo  MVS-6-25b And this here is the American 6-slot MVS cabinet

Also, there's this site about MVS called hardMVS. Here's the link: http://www.hardmvs.com/
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Okay, so, I'd just thought I'd let you know something about the memory card pictures in the last post. The first one was the American version, and the second one below it was the Japanese version. But, there's another version of the memory card seen in this scan of an older Neo-Geo ad below
SNK Neo-Geo  Neo-Geo_Players_Are_Hooked_1990-03-vgo

This part of this ad is scanned by a member of videogameobsession.com named SpooNMan, to let you all know!

Do you think that the memory card in this ad was a prototype version?

Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:15 am

Nope i dont need any i have alot odf games systems now/
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:47 am

So, have any of your older cousins ever rented the Neo-Geo cartridge system?
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:26 pm

I dont think so.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Well, I assumed they did because they had a Neo-Geo CD. Anyways, which memory card do you like better, the American version, or the Japanese version?
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Japan man there always better.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:31 pm

better-performing or better-looking. You know, I saw a picture one time of a button of an American Neo-Geo Fan Club that existed at one point in the 1990s
Back to top Go down
Joseph317

Joseph317

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:34 pm

I cant realy remember but i think it was better performing.
Back to top Go down
AlexHobbyist9207

AlexHobbyist9207

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:12 pm

I like the one used in the older ads about the rental system and MVS.

1. Because it's shiny
2. Its artwork looks unique
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SNK Neo-Geo  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNK Neo-Geo    SNK Neo-Geo  Empty

Back to top Go down

SNK Neo-Geo
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
International BeyBladers :: General Forum's :: Video Games-
Jump to: